How do changes to the templates work?
Templates contain default settings for new diagram components. A template consists of a list of vulnerabilities: the default checklist. There are separate checklists for equipment, wired and wireless connections.
As of version 3.0, changes to the templates also affect existing components.
When editing a template
- Add a vulnerability: all existing components receive this new vulnerability as well.
- Remove a vulnerability: it is removed from all existing components as well; all estimates of frequency and impact of that vulnerability are lost.
- Rename a vulnerability: the vulnerability is renamed on all existing components as well.
The modified list of vulnerabilities is the default list for new components.
When editing a component
- Add a vulnerability: applies to this component only.
- Remove a vulnerability: applies to this component only; the frequency and impact assessments are lost.
- Rename a vulnerability: applies to all components, as well as to the template!